Bellows expert IRIE KOKEN’s image


MiSUMi campaign


What are

“Bellows” can be translated as fuigo or jabara in Japanese. “Fuigo” is a tool that was used to blow air into kilns by blacksmiths long long ago. “Jabara” has various meanings, including the body of an accordion. In vacuum-related fields, cylindrical objects made of metal are pleated to demonstrate expansion/contraction properties, airtightness and spring properties. These are called “bellows.” In other words, “bellows” = “metal expansive pipes.”

Types of

Metal bellows are divided mainly into welded bellows (alternately welding the inner diameter and outer diameter of a thin metal washer to form a pleated tube) and formed bellows (pressure is applied to a thin metal pipe to form a pleated bellows tube), and both have distinctive characteristics.

Features of

Item Welded bellows Formed bellows
Expansion/contraction properties Large Small
Cost High Low

Products guidance

Metal bellowsMetal bellows
Welded bellows
Formed bellows
Flexible tubes
Vacuum valvesVacuum valves
Rectangular type gate valves
Round type gate valves
Large-size rectangular type
gate valves
L-shape valves
(Angle valves)
Vacuum pipingVacuum piping parts
Flanged pipes
Pipe parts
Flexible tubes
L-shape valves
(Angle valves)
Vacuum chamberVacuum chamber
Linear feedthroughs
Rotary feedthroughs
Magnetic feedthroughs
NEGVaccum Pump
The ultra-high vacuum pump (NEG)
Menu by field
Semiconductor field
FPD (flat panel display)field
Railways field
Accelerator and nuclear fusion field
Medicaldevices field

Introduction example/video